Bankruptcy tips both for during and post-divorce
Bankruptcy and Divorce
What's the best strategy for rebuilding her credit score?Divorce and Bankruptcy: A Primer
When one party in a divorce files bankruptcy, it can make a messy affair even messier. Find out why.Which Should I File First: Divorce or Bankruptcy?
Before you file for divorce, you'll want to file for bankruptcy. But there are other steps, too.
How Does Divorce Affect Bankruptcy and Mortgage?
Your name won't come off the mortgage in a divorce, but bankruptcy will clear your liability.Ex Filed Bankruptcy. Do I Still Have to Pay?
Should a man keep paying on his bike when his ex-wife included the loan in bankruptcy?
Am I a good candidate for bankruptcy?Can I Make My Ex Pay Our Old Debt?
Thankfully for you, a divorce decree trumps a bankruptcy filing when dealing with debts.Divorced and Unemployed: Time for Bankruptcy?
Divorce can pummel your finances, especially if you're unemployed. Is bankruptcy the answer?Going Through Divorce in Bankruptcy
Add divorce to bankruptcy and you'll want to consider these alternatives to make things easier.Divorce Could Alter Bankruptcy
The higher cost of separate households could force a change from Chapter 13 to Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
Learn your legal options and financial obligations if an ex-spouse is considering a post-divorce bankruptcy.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- Handling sudden income changes
- 9 ways to live rent free
- A faster way to pay off credit card debt
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt step by step
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Compare personal loan rates
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum