Frugal tips for cleaning all types of furniture from wood to upholstered
Be careful cleaning leatrher furniture or you can damage it. These tips from our readers can help.Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture
Looking for a solution for removing mildew from the plastic strips on motel-type outdoor furniture? After trying baking soda, vinegar, ammonia, etc. to no avail, you may want to try this idea from The Natural Handyman.
Problem Pet Hair on Carpet & Furniture
Don't let the cat hair take over your house! Use these tips from our readers to successfully remove pet hair from furniture and carpeting.Leather Upholstery Repair
Do you have a piece of leather furniture that has developed a crack or tear? Our readers suggest ways to repair leather upholstery.Cleaning Upholstery
Light colored upholstered furniture can easily get dirty. Our readers share their suggestions for getting it clean again.Removing Water Stains from Furniture
Is there a way to remove water spots on wood furniture? Our contributors share their creative suggestion on how to remove water spots, including plain old peanut butter.
Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day?
Subscribe to Dollar Stretcher Tips and start saving today.
Use these tips to remove wax build up and restore shine to old wooden furniture.DIY Upholstery Cleaning
Do you need to clean a "professional clean only" piece of furniture but don't want to pay a pro? Our readers share some suggestions.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Managing home projects to keep costs down
- Buying an insurance friendly car
- Is a bigger home really better?
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?