Tips for keeping the busiest and messiest room in your house frugally clean
We all like to keep a clean kitchen, but every few months, it's important to give the kitchen a good scrub down and get everything freshened up and organized.How to Clean Greasy Kitchen Cabinets
What can be used to clean greasy kitchen cupboards? Our readers share their tips and tricks on how to get the grime off of kitchen cabinets.How to Clear a Clogged Drain Naturally
These steps will clear most clogs caused by common problems like grease, soap, food, and hair. Just a little time, elbow grease, and non-toxic chemicals should get the job done.
How to Clean and Restore Cast Iron Cookware
Our readers share their tips and tricks on seasoning cast iron cookware for years of cooking bliss.Easy Oven Cleaning without Harsh Chemicals
Is it possible to really clean an oven without harsh chemicals? Our readers share their tips and tricks on easily cleaning an oven without nasty chemicals.Dishwashing Tricks for Hard to Clean Surfaces
Most people don't love washing dishes. Add a few hard-to-clean pots with cooked-on gunk and the job gets even more unpleasant. Our readers share their dishwashing tips and tricks for hard to clean surfaces.Dishwasher Maintenance
The next time you find yourself reaching for the phone to call a dishwasher repairman because the dishes are coming out dirtier than they went in, stop. For sparkling clean dishes load after load, a dishwasher needs monthly cleaning.Cleaning Used Appliances
If you believe in buying small appliances used rather than overpaying for new, here are some tips to clean and sanitize them.Renewing Pots and Pans
Have your stainless steel pots and pans gotten black from grease and heat on the sides and bottom? Our readers share their nifty, thrifty ideas for renewing pots and pans.
Check sale prices for green cleaning solutions.Video: DIY Pot Scrubbers Degreasing Range Hood Filters 10 Helpful Kitchen Cleaning Tips Repairing Countertop Burns 2 Dozen Uses for Baking Soda Removing Stainless Steel Scratches
Could spending 5 minutes reading a newsletter twice a week save you time and money every day?
Subscribe to Dollar Stretcher Tips and start saving today.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Managing home projects to keep costs down
- Buying an insurance friendly car
- Is a bigger home really better?
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?