Tips and advice to help you lessen the financial and emotional costs of divorce
Things to Consider and Steps to Take Before a Divorce
Overlooking something important or making a mistake now could be devastating.5 Ways to Avoid the High Cost of a Divorce
Spend your money on each other, not on lawyers!Ways to Reduce the Financial and Emotional Costs of a Divorce
Minimizing the costs of ending your marriage.
How to Reduce the Cost of Divorce
Don't let a pending divorce enrich the lawyers.Credit Cards In a Divorce
You'll need to divorce your finances, too.Credit Card Tips During a Divorce
You aren't just separating your lives, but your finances as well.
Are you heading for debt trouble? This simple checklist can help you.Building Your Credit Before, During and After Divorce
Do this if your spouse is the breadwinner, you have no credit history and you want out.Negotiating a Divorce Settlement
A divorce can go more smoothly if the concerned parties avoid these misdeeds.5 Costly Ways Divorce Hits Your Pocketbook
Your marriage didn't make it, just make sure your money does. Look out for these hurdles.
Are you struggling to get ahead financially? We can help.
Subscribe to our free Surviving Tough Times newsletter.
If your former spouse failed to pay your mortgage, it may have hurt your credit rating.How to Split Up Retirement Assets in a Divorce
Getting a divorce is tough, and splitting up retirement assets can be tricky.Split up Social Security when Couple Splits Up?
Your check won't be cut in half, but that doesn't mean you won't lose assets.Divorce & Family Finances
Guidelines for splitting one household income into two.
More Debt Tips & Tools
- 6 smart strategies for paying off your credit cards
- 5 great second jobs to bring in extra cash
- Pay down debt now or save: Here's how to choose
- Can I get a debt consolidation loan with bad credit?
- Staying motivated to continue digging yourself out of debt
- Options when you can't make your car payments
- 8 ways to beat retail therapy
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Reduce your debt step by step
- Am I a good candidate for credit counseling?
- Do I have a debt problem?
- Compare personal loan rates
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Calculate the real cost of your debt
- Debt pay-down calculator
- Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum