Starting and maintaining a frugal flower garden
Cut flowers eventually wilt. Our readers share some tips and tricks for keeping fresh cut flowers looking fresh.Beautify With Bouquets
The Best of The Old Farmer's Almanac Gardener's Companion offers tips on cutting and arranging flowers to maintain the longest vase life.
Container Mania: Flowers
Potted plants are a versatile part of landscaping. With a minimal amount of work and care, containers can spruce up areas without foliage, add decoration to a front porch, or be moved to different locations in the yard as needed. Here are some tidbits on how to plant and maintain stunning flower pots.Flower Power: Annuals
Do you know that some annuals actually reseed themselves? It's true. Not all plants come in plastic boxes at a garden store.Free Plants and Flowers!
Spending a king's ransom on a few plants is not our idea of gardening fun! Here are a few ideas that will help you have beautiful plants for free this year! Frugal gardening at its best!
To create the garden of your dreams, get some expert help.
Burpee's choice selection of garden-proven supplies will get your garden off to a great start!
Old bowling balls can either be spray painted or left as-is and used as a garden sphere that is so popular in gardens. If you do not have a bowling ball, check the thrift stores or yard sales to get one cheap. Read on for more great garden decor ideas.A Guide to Air-Drying Flowers
Air-drying flowers is a simple, fun hobby that can save you money by providing free material to make dried flower decorations for your home or to give as gifts.Flowers and Shrubs in the Natural Garden
Growing shrubs and flowering plants in the garden is easy if you pay attention to a few small details. Here are some fun ways to keep them blooming as the heat descends upon us this summer.A Cottage Garden for Under $10
Here are some ideas on how to surround yourself with your own lush cottage gardens. You can have your dream come to life every year, for less than the cost of a family meal at McDonalds!
The Shoestring Gardener provides creatively frugal gardening how-tos, remedies & tips.No Cost Flower Gardens Make Your Cut Flowers Last Longer Hot Lovers: Flowers that Thrive in the Heat Hanging Flower Baskets
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Managing home projects to keep costs down
- Buying an insurance friendly car
- Is a bigger home really better?
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?