Make sure your garden survives the winter in good shape
Preparing Your Garden for Winter
With the arrival of autumn, comes the annual vegetable harvest and yard clean up ritual. Amidst your clean up efforts, it's possible to reduce your present and future garden and yard expenses.Cool Season Container Gardening
Here are some fun ways to extend your gardening addiction through the winter by gardening in containers. So let's don our cool weather gear and take a trip out to the potting shed.
Fall is a good time to till your garden soil. This will reduce erosion, expose heavy soils to frost, kill exposed insects, aid the decay of organic matter, and enable earlier planting.
Fall Care for Your Fruit Trees
Here are many of the ways to care for deciduous fruit trees to ensure a bountiful harvest of sweet and nutritious food from our trees.
The Shoestring Gardener provides creatively frugal gardening how-tos, remedies & tips.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?