Inexpensive ways to keep weeds and disease out of your garden
Weed & Disease Control in the Frugal Garden
While they can be difficult to get under control, don't lose hope, it just takes a little persistence and know-how. Here are some organic methods for controlling weeds.Controlling Plant Disease Organisms
There are unseen disease organisms that are of constant concern for gardeners in any location and climate. Here's a look at the places were these bacteria, fungi, and viruses live and how to put a monkey wrench in their plans to damage our plants.
Natural Disease Control for Your Plants
You can reduce and eliminate plant diseases by building up the quality of garden soil. Here's how.Natural Weed Killers
Are there inexpensive ways to zap weeds that seem to overtake gravel driveways every year? Our readers share their smart tips and tricks.
The Shoestring Gardener provides creatively frugal gardening how-tos, remedies & tips.Removing Weeds and Grasses Inexpensively
Weeds and grass are taking over an area of her yard and she's looking for ways to get rid of them without buying expensive weed killers. Our readers share their tips and tricks.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?