An important estate planning step that will benefit your family once you're gone
Selecting Beneficiaries for Your Retirement Accounts
by Gary Foreman
Financial Planning for The Baby Boomer Generation
Changing Financial Behaviors in Retirement
A Tool to Determine the Best Time to Take Social Security Benefits
Did you realize that if you've chosen the wrong beneficiaries for your retirement accounts that all your hard work saving and investing could be wasted? Ryan C. Edwards, CFP will help us understand what you need to know about selecting a beneficiaries for your retirement accounts on this edition of The Dollar Stretcher Interview.
Ryan C. Edwards is a CFP and an investment executive at CornerstoneShreveport.com. He works with individuals to help them achieve overall financial success.
Take the Next Step
- Use this tool to maximize your retirement by determining the best age to take your Social Security benefits. Don't leave thousands on the table by taking Social Security at the wrong time.
- Subscribe to After 50 Finances. You've learned how to work smarter, not harder. This weekly newsletter is dedicated to people just like you. Subscribers get a FREE copy of our After 50 Finances Pre-Retirement Checklist, a list of everything you need to do to be ready for retirement.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor.
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
- A tool to determine the best time to take Social Security benefits
- Get out of debt before you retire
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Retirement shortfall calculator
- Life expectancy calculator
- IRA required minimum distribution calculator
- More retirement planning calculators
Trending in Baby Boomers
- Investing retirement money that you may never need
- Financial tips when nearing retirement
- Why pay off your mortgage with a reverse mortgage loan?
- 3 ways retirees can tap into their home equity
- How you relate to money in retirement
- Natural health remedies that can save you money
- Is it possible to live well on Social Security alone?
- This week's Readers' Tips